Twisted Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Try]Yulan - Retribution Paladin

3 posters

Go down

[Try]Yulan - Retribution Paladin Empty [Try]Yulan - Retribution Paladin

Post  yulan Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Character
* Nick: Yulan
* Class and Race: Paladin – Blood elf
* Level: 80
* /played: 14 days, 20 hours (at time of writing).
* A link to your gear and talents: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Yulan

* Professions: Enchanting (440 skill), usually standard trainer recipes and shard traded ones. Currently do not have a second profession (former second profession is skinning). I plan to take jewcrafting as the second profession, but will do so after I have maxed fishing and cooking (for raiding).

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in preTBC: I played an alliance rogue during this time. I have cleared MC, ZG, Onyxia and AQ 20. BWL could not be cleared due to TBC release and guild disbanded.

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in TBC: I rerolled as holy paladin on realm Ahn’qiraj. During this time I cleared Karazhan. The guilds I joined couldn’t progress anything further than Karazhan. During this time I also played a lot more PvP, spending a lot of time practising in arenas.

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in WoTLK: After the release of WoTLK I transferred my paladin to Magtheridon to play with my IRL friend. The guilds I joined were <We care a lot> and <Random>. During my time at <Random> we cleared Naxx 25, Naxx 10. The guild didn’t run any other raids so I did Obsidian Sanctum and Vault of Archavon on both heroic and normal from PuGs. Our guild was unable to defeat Eye of Eternity on either heroic or normal, furthest we got is phase 3.

* Person(s) in guild vouching for you, leave empty if none:

* Where and how did you hear about us? I knew about the guild from seeing a lot of people with <Twisted Faith> tagged onto their name in Dalaran. I have also played with quite a number of these people in instances.

Personal information:
* Sex: Male
* Nationality: British

* Playing times: Can you attend almost every raid sun-thur 19:00-23:00 and still show up fully prepared for every raid? Yes I should be able to attend all of the above times. I would also like to note that I am unable to raid on Mondays.

* Previous guilds: I left <We care a lot> because I felt they didn’t need me because I was too under-geared at the time (I just dinged 80 when I joined and most of them were in epics). My second guild is <Random> and when I joined, I already had most of my epic gear from heroic instances so I was well prepared for raiding with them. Unfortunately the guild master decided to quit WoW. What followed was a lot of unstability and guild politics. The guild was later renamed <Forever Lasting>. It has recently merged with <Before Sunrise>. The merge created a surplus of paladins so I felt it would be best to take my leave.

* Other:

Deeper analysis about you and your char:
* Talents: My current spec is PVE retribution. After reading a lot of retribution paladin guides and actually testing them out I feel this is the best spec for me. It provides solid dps as well as good utility such as Blessing of Kings, which helps free up talents for holy paladins so they can get 3% more crit, which is more important for them.

* Gear: An interesting thing you might notice is my gear. A lot of it are PvP rewards. I understand that PvP gear is pretty worthless in PvE and I am working as best as I can to replace them with PvE gear. I am currently working on crafting the Spiked Titansteel Helm and running HoS heroic for the epic bracers. At the moment I feel the most important stat for my retribution paladin is reaching the hit cap.

* Guild: Why do you want to join us? As mentioned earlier I wanted to play in a guild with good stability. My current guild does not seem to have need of any retribution paladins so I do not get invited to raids. At the same time there are not enough members for a second raid.

* WoW goals: I hope to play this game until I defeat the Lich King. I am a huge fan of the other Warcraft games (Warcraft 1,2 and 3). I really want to find out what happens to the lore. So I should be playing for still quite some time.
One of my other goals is mastering this one class: paladin. My paladin is currently my only character on my account (rogues deleted). So far I have experienced holy spec healing, but would like to go into DPS for raids. I have also collected a lot of tanking gear.
I am also a PvPer and I run a 2v2 team with my IRL friend. We are also aiming for very high rankings. I wouldn’t say for certain that I am willing to leave behind my IRL friend I mentioned, but we do not raid together anyway. I am certain however, that I will be able to manage our playing time so I can attend all the guild’s raids. I will always be PvE spec for raiding and have plenty of consumables.

yulan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

[Try]Yulan - Retribution Paladin Empty Re: [Try]Yulan - Retribution Paladin

Post  Alcyoneus Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:46 am

realy liked this apl. seems smart and dedicated Smile and i am always for more british on vent Razz

Alcyoneus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Waylon Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Nice application indeed.

We put more focus on attendence atm and our raid days have been decresed until Uludar comes out.
We raid Wednesday and Thursday atm, We also raid some Sundays. its very important that you can be online these 2 days.

When Uludar comes out we will go back to our Sunday to Thursday raiding.

We have 1 raid spot open for a ret paladin when the right guy/girl comes along, reading ur ap its looking good.

If this fits you, /w me ingame.

Waylon
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-11-11

https://twistedfaith.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down