Twisted Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Gaxar - Resto Shaman

2 posters

Go down

[Declined]Gaxar - Resto Shaman Empty [Declined]Gaxar - Resto Shaman

Post  Gaxar Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 am

* Nick:

Gaxar

* Class and Race:

Troll Shaman

* Level:

* /played Write how much time spend in total

Over 45 days on this char plus a bit more on alts although I don't play them since I got to 80 anymore. I spend most of my free time playing so I'm pretty much online as much as I can. Unfortunately I have to work so it's not always the same times but I try and play at least 4-5 hrs a day.

* A link to your gear and talents: A profile linked through either armory ctprofiles or something else, pref armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Gaxar

* Professions: Can you craft something special?

Skinning / Leatherworking - unfortunately I haven't been raiding in WOTLK so I don't think anything I can craft can be called special. Have some purples from TBC

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in preTBC: With what class and what guild?

Onyxia, C'Thun, Hakkar - enh specced

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in TBC:

I've finished my TBC progress at SSC.

* Bosses you(your guild) killed in WoTLK:

None yet.

* Person(s) in guild vouching for you, leave empty if none:

* Where and how did you hear about us?

From Waylon on the trade channel.

Personal information:
* Sex: Male
* Nationality: Polish

* Playing times: Can you attend almost every raid sun-thur 19:00-23:00 and still show up fully prepared for every raid?

As I said - I'm active everyday but it really depends on the shift pattern the current week obviously if I'm not working, I'm playing.

* Previous guilds: Why did you leave them?

Played in a little guild on Scarshield legion, however the guild split up over a few IRL issues and I decided to change the server to a more populated one.

* Other: Is there anything else you want to add, do it here.

Deeper analysis about you and your char:
This is my first and main character - I've tried playing many other classes however always go back to this one. I've always played enhancement spec, and despite the lulz and giggles in my guild I'd usually come out quite well at the end of the raid. After a short break from the troll I thought I needed a new challenge to keep me coming back, so I respecced to restoration and never looked back. It's fun to play, you can pretend you're nuking something (for a dps oriented person as myself it's nice to see something that looks like a nuke and chain heal does that for me), and contrary to enh spec it's actually fully viable without people saying "You can't dps - don't have CC!" - which of course is nonsense, but it doesn't unfortunately get you a spot in groups. Resto is the place to be for me really. And keeps me interested again, because of all that gear I can now collect.

* Talents: Explain why you have the specc you have, why it suits you the best and other things concerning the topic.

It's a cookie cutter build really - not much to say here. I'm a big Elitistjerks reader, and have always tried to follow their advice (usually it's actually pretty good advice if you don't mind them being snobs). As I said before I'm a Chain Heal believer, and that is reflected in my spec. Train it, glyph it, love it could actually be my motto here if you were looking for one. There's a lot of buzz around LHW crit spamming, but I think that 1 man healing should be left to the classes that are made for that, not changed a bit to suit the masses better in the overall attempt to make raiding easier for everyone. I believe we were given a great tool and we should use it as best as we can. Especially now with the changes to spellpower, and the overwhelming presence of mana you can spamcast CH like there's no tomorrow and never run out of it.

* Gear: Write a few lines about your gear, what is it you feel you lack the most right now. Why havent you been able to obtain it faster? What gear are you aiming for?

At the moment I'm at the gear collecting stage, running heroics, getting all the needed rep and enchants, and I think that being in a guild - especially as a healer makes it so much easier than pugging. At the moment I lack spellpower the most at only 1.4k sometimes I feel that I don't pack enough punch, but I have a few nice upgrades in mind that should hopefully take care of this problem before I start raiding.

* Guild: Why do you want to join us? What is it that you think we have that your current guild lacks except more epics?

I'm not in a guild at the moment, and playing a MMO without one kind of defeats the purpose. I've heard a few good things about you guys from random people I've played with so I thought I'd give it a shot. What does it for me is the fact that it's an over 18 guild. There's nothing more annoying than playing with a bunch of 14 year olds - trust me on that one, that's my AOC guild and it's pure hell. To be honest I'm not actually looking for more epics, just to have people to chat to and run instances with. Epics are just a nice bonus.

* WoW goals: For how long are you planning on playing this game? What is it you want to achive? Are you willing to leave behind your other friends in wow for pve-progress?

The previous answer kind of answers this one as well. I like this game, I've liked it for a while now, and don't really plan on quitting. I've tried everything from Guild Wars, Conan, to Runes of Magic, and always come back here no matter what. It has the power to keep you occupied while playing, plus, and I think that's the "I Win" factor of WoW over other games - it has lively forums to discuss things you've achieved or want to achieve to keep you occupied at work as well which is nice.

Anyway guys - that's pretty much me. I think I've put everything you wanted to know here, but if you have any more questions either /w me ingame or email me.

Cheers for reading.

Gaxar

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Gaxar - Resto Shaman Empty Re: [Declined]Gaxar - Resto Shaman

Post  Waylon Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:46 am

Hi there.

A good application, doh it has one major flaw.

Your attendeing, we started to be harder and harder concerning activity and attendence and your letter gives me the look of it that you wont be as active as we want you to be.
We need members to have atleast 80% attendence when Uludar comes out, if you cant comit to that then i have to decline your application, even doh you seems like a great guy and we are in a need of resto shamans allot.

So gives us an ansver regarding your attendence.

Waylon
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-11-11

https://twistedfaith.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaxar Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Hard to say really - I work a few different shifts so I can't honestly say that in 2 months time I'll be able to be on all raids on a Wednesday for example. I do know my shift pattern a couple of weeks in advance and am usually able to plan my raiding around it. If this is a problem then unfortunately you're right and I won't be able to make it into your ranks, but no hard feelings mate. Thanks for replying so fast.

Gaxar

Back to top Go down

Post  Waylon Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Atm we raid Wednesdays and Thursdays and sometimes on Sundays when we want to go bash our heads against OS HC + 2 drakes.

We will continue with those 2 raiding days until Uludar comes out.
When Uludar goes Live we will raid Sunday to Thursday, thats 5 days, and to obtain 80% attendence ur "free" to miss 1 day a week.

If u could manage to plan your raiding we could offer you a 100% raid spot, since we are a resto shaman short.

Regards / Waylon

Waylon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaxar Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Well, unfortunately I'm going to have to decline myself. I envy you guys being able to pull 4-5 days a week raiding off, but the nature of shift work is really unpredictable and as much as I'd love to I probably won't be able to move my shifts to suit me playing wow. Even though I play everyday, I just can't promise I'll be there at 20:00 everyday. Thanks again for your time and I hope you find your guy soon.

Cheers

Gaxar

Back to top Go down

Post  Waylon Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Thank you for showing intresst and being honest.

I wish you good luck and the best.

/Waylon

Waylon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down